Why do I think that I am in a position to understand others and facilitate them in actualizing their potential?
Directly experiencing various emotions and learning from them about life and the power of the human spirit is extremely valuable especially when facilitating another person’s growth. My background, keen interest in human behavior, passion for expansion, openness to a deeper connection as well as directly feeling & learning from life and its various shades enhances my understanding of a client’s life and makes me more notice even the subtlest nuances.
For me, the journey has been from going to a place wherein I was in pain and suffering with all that which had happened in a decade of my life to a place wherein I felt gratitude for all that which had happened as I could see the bigger picture as well as my own contribution to what had happened (not blame but truly accepting responsibility for my life rather than pointing fingers at others) to further reaching the place where I am as of now, consciously creating the life I want. All the introspection, purging, questioning assumptions, learning has led me to a place frequented by happiness, harmony, ease, focus and faith.
This metamorphosis has helped me to learn the “how to” of the process of creating the life I desire. The knowledge of how to manifest abundance, nurturing relationships, a satisfying career or anything else that one truly wants in life is something that has helped me in creating the life I desire and is an important part of my approach to life coaching.
I believe that our feelings hold the key to our life experiences. If we want to change our life experiences, we just have to change our feelings. The good news is that there are ways of changing how we feel. We can control our feelings. We can create our life. The Law of attraction and an understanding of how our beliefs work help me immensely in living the life I want and is an integral part of the coaching process I follow.
I have manifested so many things that I want in my own life right from good health, financial abundance as well as nurturing relationships and even further. I see my life coaching work as a way to facilitate uplifting and empowering others so that they too can have the “Aha” moment and move further on to creating the life they want. I am having a lot of fun in my life and it’s wonderful to be able to share how I am allowing so much fun with those who are ready and therefore, willing to know how they too can manifest the life they want. I see myself as a stepping-stone in their journey towards freedom, happiness and growth. I believe in self-empowerment.
Just to give you a glimpse of the situations I have faced in life which range from the most happy to the most challenging and have contributed to my appreciation for life, for happiness, for lessons learnt and for realizing my inner strength.
- – I have faced various challenges in life ranging from meeting tight deadlines to facing difficult people to plummeting health.
- – I have experienced the stress, the knotted feeling in the stomach when we take on much more than what we want to at a particular point of time.
- – I have felt the fear, the hurt and the anger (all at the same time) at an inability to answer back and stand up for myself in difficult relationships just because I wanted to be considered nice and polite and not hurt the other person.
- – I know what it is like to feel utterly helpless when you try your level best to fulfill other people’s never ending and tough expectations…because its never about you but about them.
- – I have realized that there is a lot of difference when people want you to change for your own benefit as compared to when they want you to transform keeping only their benefit in mind; and its vital to recognize the difference.
- – I know just how addictive negative thinking can be; one negative thought leading to another negative thought and then another and before you realize it, you are actually wallowing in self pity, in being a “victim”‘; in proclaiming how unfair and mean the others are to you.
- – I know the fear when one feels emotionally threatened and vulnerable.
- – I know what it feels to be emotionally exhausted.
- – I know what is it like to see your tensions slowly, over a period of time, start creeping up and affecting your health.
- – I know the irritation one feels when nothing, according to you, seems to go right in your life.
- – I know that even though it sounds contradictory, a person can be confident, articulate, friendly, positive, achievement oriented and yet could have others, whom she/ he considers “important”, walking all over her/ him just to get their approval.
- – I know the initial fear and hesitation one feels when you start respecting your boundaries and insist that others respect them too.
- – I know the relief one feels when one starts to get rid of the constant need for approval from others, not in anger or defiance but just a peaceful release of concern for approval from others.
- – I know how empowering it can be to realize that one can “learn” to change one’s emotional state from thoughts of guilt, grief, powerlessness, blame, revenge etc to better feeling thoughts like love, appreciation, enthusiasm, happiness etc.
- – I know the deep calm which settles in when you start on the journey of really getting to know yourself, both the “seemingly” pleasant as well as the “seemingly” unpleasant aspects.
- – I know the sheer joy one feels when you start creating a new life and you start seeing positive results.
- – I know the excitement associated with starting something new in life – whether it be a new business or a new healthy lifestyle or a completely new way of looking at life itself.
- – I have felt the exhilaration of setting goals for oneself and then work diligently towards them and finally, see them turn into concrete results.
- – I have felt the exhilaration of seeing my desires manifest into results in my life.
- – I know the pleasure one gets when everything in life is going great and then you introduce something more to make it even better.
- – I know the eagerness which one feels for life’s unfolding when one starts creating it precisely the way one wants it to be.
- – I know the feeling of confidence, faith and strength when one lives the life that one wants.
Challenging situations stir up all kinds of emotions in us and I have felt the impact of all the havoc they create and have come out with a stronger spirit, a much more strengthened emotional kit, my heart still not touched by cynicism…in short, a much more improved version of myself.
Yes, there have been rough times but they have made me understand other people much better. They have made me much more non judgmental than I ever was, made me empathize much more easily as I have also experienced despair, anger, hurt, fear and also made me believe in the power of one’s will and belief in oneself. It’s amazing to see how the challenges I have faced have played such deep, intense and thoughtful role in my biggest achievements.